It’s two and a half weeks from our wedding day…eeek!!! We’ve reached a stage where everything is hand and all the planning is done and dusted.
It’s countdown time. There are some nerves flying around – typical things: “will everything go to plan on the day?”, “will everyone enjoy it?” and of course most importantly “will there be enough cheese to go around from the cheese tower?”
Cheese anxiety aside, one of the most important issues which must affect any bride is health and wellbeing. No-one wants a horrible cold or virus on their wedding day. A bride (and groom!) wishes to feel at their best.
Earlier this year I reviewed a health supplement called Revive Active at a time when I really needed it. It was the New Year, a time when I feel sluggish and when lots of bugs and viruses fly around and I was reliably informed that this supplement was full of lots of healthy vitamins, minerals and other ingredients.
The supplement is delivered in handy daily sachets, which I took in a glass of apple juice before breakfast in the morning. I had seven days worth to take and was looking forward to seeing some results, especially given the benefits listed on their website, as below:
- Natural sustained energy. No caffeine or sugar, and meant to be good for burnout or fatigue. I had recently written a post on how I feel I suffer from burnout, so this is perfect for me.
- Heart health. Contains CoQ10, L’Carnitine, Vitamin E and Magnesium, all beneficial to the cardiovascular system. Most of us are aware of the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in this country, so anything that helps can only be a good thing.
- Rejuvenation. Well I need this, looking at my eye bags. Revive Active is rich in antioxidants including, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium. With all the sleep disturbance I suffer as a mum of two preschoolers, I have to admit I was particularly excited about this bit.
- Mental clarity and focus. Yes please! I really needed this. I wrote that I had put a bag of rubbish in the fridge by mistake. Apparently, Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 in the supplement help to retain mental clarity.
- Healthy Immune System. Yes, yes and yes. As I’m writing this, I realise I’ve written many blog posts lamenting most of these states. Mum of pre-schoolers = colds galore. The website tells us that Vitamins A, C, E and B help maintain a healthy immune system.
During my trial of the supplement I was really impressed by the benefits I felt: more clear-headed and more energy. I also noted that both my children had colds which I would normally catch just by glancing in their direction, but I didn’t.
It’s expensive: six months supply would set you back £49.95 per month, or £59.85 for one month.
However, I felt that it was worth it – for example if you’re recovering from some nasty bug or infection and are really struggling, if you suffer from heart problems, persistent tiredness or…have your wedding in the not too distant future!
So here I am again – avidly whisking up my supplement powder each morning. I do feel much better already, as wedding planning has taken it’s toll this year and I was feeling so tired.
Visit the Revive Active website for more information, to order directly and view stockists.
Disclosure: I received the Revive Active Supplement free of charge in return for writing this review. All opinions expressed are my own.