This month I am taking part in Yummy Mummy in Training’s ‘Blog every day in August’ challenge. Read all my posts to date here.
Day 31 is ‘blogging goals for next month’.
I came across Yummy Mummy’s Blog Every Day in August idea accidentally, and loved the idea of a list of themes to focus my mind and motivate me to post more often.
I’ve previously written about my love for learning and achievement in my post 37 things. Before I go onto my blog goals for the near future, I thought I would share what I feel I have learned from Blog Every Day in August.
- I know I can think of something half decent to write on any theme, even when it’s nearing the end of the day and I’ve only just glanced at it.
- I’ve learned things I didn’t realise about myself, through reflection on themes such as day 18’s summer memories and day 23’s why do you blog?
- Blogging every day has meant that I’ve learnt a lot more, very quickly, about geeky technical stuff around images, code, search engine optimisation (SEO), how to put twitter to good use to promote my posts and much more.
- I’ve learned that when I begin writing a post, I somehow end up writing more than I thought I would. The act of writing generates more ideas.
- Finally, I’m now used to blogging every day! I’ll feel bereft if I don’t blog tomorrow! So my notebook will be out and mind mapping will commence later…
My goals are swimming around in my mind as I write. I’ll attempt to order my thoughts:
- To practice some creative idea-generating techniques.. Being still fairly new to blogging and discovering how much I enjoy it, I’ve been frantically writing and reading without stopping to collect myself. I have a couple of books on creative writing techniques, including this book on writing techniques for mothers which a friend kindly bought for me as a gift. I aim to spend a few quiet evenings practicing some of these methods.
- To read more blogs! I’ve been so busy writing, I’ve not read as much as I would like of others’ posts. This is not good! There are so many great writers out there and I’m missing out if I don’t read their work.
So farewell, Blog Every Day in August! You were a great friend.