When I looked up the term ‘bucket list’, I found it originated from the phrase ‘kick the bucket’. It’s a list of things you’d like to do before you die.
I found it surprisingly difficult to think of a list of ten things (the bloggirls decided to keep it to ten) to do before I die.
As I read them back, some of them sound plain stupid! But they’re honest nevertheless.
- To hold my grandchild in my arms. Top of my list is that I wish to remain healthy and strong for as long as possible, so that I can share in my daughters’ experiences of life. How incredible will it be to hold my grandchild in my arms?
- To go for a night on the tiles with my daughters. Oh yes. I want to be that mum. The one that goes out on the town dressed inappropriately with my two (slightly embarrassed) daughters. Yes please.
- To own a motorhome. Sounds a bit silly this one, but I’ve always liked them and drive Mr EC crazy whenever we’re on the M6 and I’m constantly saying “oh that’s a nice one. Look at that one, there!”. I just like the idea that you can set off anywhere and anytime in a cosy little house! I’m not allowed to buy one though so I’m forever entering GMTV competitions.
- To go to Dubai. A few friends have been to Dubai and I’m intrigued by stories of opulent hotels and shopping malls. It’s one to try.
- To have something published. I’ve written previously about my love of blogging. Writing is something that’s taken me by surprise and I love it. I’m quite shy in saying this, but I would love to having something published in a well-known publication one day.
- To own a conservatory. I’m not sixty, honest! I just love conservatories- the sound of rain on the glass as you comfortably sit inside on cosy sofas or armchairs, and the feeling of sitting in your garden whilst not, well, being in your garden.
- To go on safari. This one speaks for itself. How wonderful would it be to see all those amazing animals in their natural habitat? One day, when our children are older, we may treat ourselves.
- To do a skydive. Mr EC did one of these a while ago in Australia. Sounds amazing!
- To own another cat. My old cat and dear friend recently passed away. Unfortunately, as we have allergies in the family, we’re unable to get another. I forever live in hope that the allergies will disappear and I can own my own cat again.
- To remain healthy and have all of my faculties well into my nineties. I’ve already touched on this one. I’d like to hold my grandchild in my arms, but I’d like to see my grandchildren grow up. I’ve got some work to do on this. I need a serious diet and nutrition review, for example! But here’s hoping.
I hope you enjoyed my bucket list. What’s yours?
<div align="center"><a href="http://expressionandconfession.com/bloggirls/" title="#bloggirls" target="_blank"><img src="http://expressionandconfession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130726-191003.jpg" alt="#bloggirls" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
This is a #bloggirls linky! Each Thursday, #bloggirls (@HodgePodgeDays, @A_ZMummy, @mum_of_z and @megster8) will be hosting a link up, based on themes which we simply feel everyone could write about, with potentially many different blogger interpretations!
If you want to join in of a Thursday, simply follow these steps:
1. Write your post.
2. Copy the badge code above (or on the Thursday link up post) and paste into your post.
3. Click the ‘get the code’ link at the bottom of the Thursday post.
4. Copy the appropriate code for your blog, and paste to the end of your post.
5. Publish your post as usual.
6. Click the ‘add link’ link on the Thursday #bloggirls post, add your unique url and you’re away!
All we ask is that you spend some time reading and following the other blogs who post.